If after you have purchased a hat from us you find your hat needs some minor size adjustment, it is not to difficult to do this since this is a true Montecristi Panama hat.
How to effectively stretch (increase the size) of a Genuine Panama Hat?
• Heat up your iron until the steam is ready and proceed to steam very wellthe inside of the crown of your hat approximately six inches away from the steam for 30 seconds to a minute, ensuring that you get enough heat to the hat’s inside band and the sides as well.
• Then place the hat on your head when it is still damp and wear for a moment until you feel the hat fits you perfectly. The heat from your head will finish off the process by moulding the hat to your head. Repeat the process if necessary.
Feel confident using this simple steaming method to stretch your hat, because also the hat band that has been used it is a stretchable grosgrain and you have purchased a high quality straw hat that it will not damage in any way.
• Alternatively if you feel you prefer this done by one of our experts, please send us a message with the size desired and purchase this exclusive service to let our master hatters do the job for you.
How to reduce the size of a Genuine Panama Hat?
Reducing the size of a hat can often be a tricky business, even for a professional milliner. Our advice is to exchange the size of the hat for the right one you need after you have received the hat. Otherwise if for some reason you have missed the exchange time scale with us or you have lost your proof of purchase, please let us help you in the process to successfully resize the crown to perfectly fit your head for a modest servicing fee.
- However, to get the desired results we suggest to opt to reduce or stretch the hat maximum two sizes only. (These services are not refundable because it is bespoke)
- To ensure you are choosing the right hat size and avoid exchanging please click here:"sizing"
Shipping: this cost is to ship your hat from our headquarters to you, after the hat has been serviced.
Dispatch Time: 2-3 business days
Delivery Times (estimates) :
Shipping inside UK: Royal Mail 1st Class Signed and Tracked, may take between 1 to 3 business days.
Shipping outside UK: Royal Mail International Signed, may take between 7 - 15 business days.
*All the services we provide are for hats purchased from us exclusively